Football.

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Look what you started Sonic!

Sonic
Site Admin

Postby Sonic » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Pfff I was just ragging on the lions.

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:00 pm

The Eagles will win mainly because of this one simple reason. Tavaris Jackson. No team in the league is better at confusing QB's into making bad mistakes then the Eagles. Our secondary hits as hard as anyone in the league making up for having only 3 linebakers on the field against AP. Also there are no wide outs on the Vikings that even the worst corner on the Eagles can blanket. All of the Vikings strengths play right into the Eagles strengths, all f the Eagles strengths are where the Vikings are weak! GG.

Hey Mac, you can always jump onto the vent server while the game is on. I'll give you updates on whats going on since the loyal fan base of the Vikings cant sell out their first playoff game in 5 years! Home field advantage? hmm.... I wouldnt be surprised if Eagles fans make their presence felt.

EDIT First playoff game for Vikings in 8 years.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:41 pm

I heard Gus Freotte might start...
Gaming:

Workstation:

MaC
Got Fofum

Postby MaC » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:48 pm

no we raped the pack in 03-04ish in the playoffs, this is the first DIV. win since 2000. Yes we did sell out finally, and the last time we didnt sell out was 1997; it took awhile too sell out because of 3 reasons: economy, season ticket holders didnt buy much, and there is a bad ice storm the day before (right now actually) so people want to watch it at home in HD like I am.

Vikings are a rushing team which makes passing easy for TJ (who is a good rusher himself) and if the eagles are going to hit AD hard, he has a tendancy to put his head down and knock them out of the game.

Everyone saying the eagles are going to win because they have played well the second half of the season, but the eagles had a GREAT start and then started to suck; the vikes sucked it up at the start and have won 7 of the last 9. They are the hotter team going into the game.

If you dont think we have a loyal fan base get ready for domefield advantage in the loudest stadium in the league.

MaC
Got Fofum

Postby MaC » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Anyone else think manning should'nt be MVP? I think it should have been a defensive player this year like ware, polamalo or someone

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Instead of of sticking it in Mac's face on how the Vikings lost this game I want to instead give some credit to the Vikings. After watching this game its pretty obvious that they are only a punter, quarterback and some role players away from winning playoff games. Asking the Vikings to beat a veteran and playoff experienced team in the Eagles is alot, even at home.
Last edited by Harness on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:10 pm

The Vikings are one dimensional...their offense is Peterson.
Gaming:

Workstation:

MaC
Got Fofum

Postby MaC » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 pm

They need more then just a QB. They need some big help on special teams. The entire 1st half and most of the 3rd quarter was a big battle for field position and the Eagles spanked the Vikings in that department. Getting a 17 yard kick from your punter in the 3rd quarter in a playoff game that your losing is not good enough. That kick went out of bounds and had no return. Ya their punter had a nice kick inside the 5 late in the game but the Eagles showed all day that they coud get out of their own end of the field. They just had trouble finishing drives.

The next Super Bowl champ will be coming from the NFC east. Carolina and the Ravens are both frauds just waiting to be exposed.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Gaming:

Workstation:

MaC
Got Fofum

Postby MaC » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Kluwe's kicks have been fine all year, its the coverage team that has problems.
Didnt the ravens beat the eagles this year? I think it was a MNF game

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Yes the Ravens did beat the Eagles but this is the playoffs now. Entirely new season. The best team in the AFC right now is the Steelers and not the Titans or Ravens. Best team in the NFC is the Giants then the Eagles and maybe Carolina. Its been too long since the Panthers played good playoff football to know for sure.

I watched almost every play in the Ravens game. The Dolphins simply didn't show up. Were gonna have to wait till next week to see if the Ravens are for real or not.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Return to “General Discussion”