Battlefield Heros

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Battlefield Heros

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Anyone hear about this?

Supposedly EA DICE is going to release a free-to-play version of their Battlefield series.

http://www.shacknews.com/tag.x/Battlefield+Heroes

Um...anyone else think they copied off TF2? Look at the screens.

Gaming:

Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:57 pm

oooold news. it definitely ripped off the cel-shading of TF2, but a bunch of recent/future games are using this method and XIII did it like 5 years ago. the rest of the game is nothing like TF2 at all. it's a no-frills, semi-tongue in cheek arcade version of the BF series. the game will be completely f2p but from what i read last year you can buy weapon unlocks, better looking armor, etc etc etc.i won;t be spending a single dime on this EA game but for free it can't hurt to DL and try. this format actually goes against the reasons for hating EA...it means they'll actually have to support the title longer than 3 months and not release expansions every 6 thereafter. EA also pushed the release date back from the original Fall 08 to i think Feb 09, so maybe they loosened up and actually want to put out a quality title and not rush it to market.

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 pm

yeah i thought they ripped tf2 off a little. who knows if it will be any good though...

Centari
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Centari » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:22 pm

EA and the word "free" in the same sentence is pretty funny to me...

All jokes aside though, this game looks like they could have released it on N64.

Not expecting too much, but hey, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Return to “General Discussion”