IMPORTANT Something of interest to all

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Dragons Breath
Got One
IMPORTANT Something of interest to all

Postby Dragons Breath » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm

TESTED AND WORKS WITH TF2

It is absolutely vital to disable all mouse acceleration when playing Counter-Strike. With acceleration on, you will not be able to play consistently. For example, you might move the mouse 6 inches to turn 180 degrees, then you move the mouse 6 inches another time, and depending on how fast you move the mouse you might turn 100 degrees, you might turn 270. This uncertainty in mouse response inevitably limits everyone's potential.

The easiest way to make sure any variable mouse sensitivity is disabled is to uninstall your mouse driver from the 'Add or Remove Programs' part of control panel, afterwards in mouse properties uncheck 'Enhance Pointer Precision'.

After doing this, some residual acceleration may remain, as Windows gives no way to completely eliminate all cursor acceleration from the control panel. This is where the CPL mousefix comes in. To use the CPL mousefix simply unzip the folder and click on the .reg file and say yes to anything that comes up. All it does is change two lines in your system registry to completely stop all mouse acceleration. Remember if you have used Mouse Acceleration for sometime, and have gotten used to it, this is one of the hardest settings changes to get used to. It is completely worth it to adapt to playing without accelleration, so stick with it and you will slowly notice the improvement.

You can download it, (at any of the links)

THIS IS THE LINK I USED..Further more i hope this isn't common knowledge.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/tools/717

My Top Six Classes Are.
(1.) Medic (2.) Soldier (3.) Spy (.4) Engineer
(.5) Pyro (6.) Heavy

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:59 pm

been doin this since WinXP came out in like 2002

also add -novid to cmdline target/paramters to disable opening videos

Return to “General Discussion”